Saturday, April 21

Origin Story


DSC00407

Brian and I met at work. We were both hired at a company called In-Three Inc. in 2008 as stereo conversion artists. At the time I was in a long term relationship and I wasn’t looking to change that. Brian and I became fast friends and after a year of knowing him and being best friends I realized that I had fallen in love with him. At that point I had a really hard decision to make, I didn’t really know what to do, so I decided to put it all on the line and tell him how I felt and see if he even felt the same way. I figured if he wasn’t interested then hey, at least I took a shot.


Brian threw me a birthday party in August of 2009 and I had promised myself that I would tell him by my birthday. I wanted to do it in person at the party, but I chickened out. After I got home at the end of the night after too many drinks, I decided to text Brian and tell him my feelings. I texted “I like you”. I know it was childish, but it was all I could muster at the time. He texted back “I like you too. ::)” That night my boyfriend read my text messages and found our exchange, which caused our break up a few weeks later on the day of our four year anniversary. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, but it was also the best decision I’ve ever made. Brian and I have been through a lot together in the two and a half years that we’ve been dating. We’ve traveled all over the world, moved across the country, and adopted a dog; we’ve had so many great experiences together and today we’re taking the next step and getting married. I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with the man I am madly in love with. A few years ago I couldn’t even imagine that I deserved to be this happy.
DSC00317

No comments:

Post a Comment