Friday, July 13

Brian’s Juice Fast: Day 4

JuiceDay4By day four, the fast had become a boring routine. While the idea of continuing for another six days didn’t seem impossible, it was just too unpleasant. At the end of the day when I came home from the gym I found Brian lying in bed looking at pictures of food on his laptop. He complained that he was hungry but he just couldn’t bring himself to drink any more juice.

He was ready to break the fast, but he wanted to wait until midnight. I told him that if he’s hungry he should eat something and not wait for the sake of finishing the entire day on the fast. I made myself an egg over easy on a piece of toast for dinner and after an hour or so of hesitation, Brian made himself the same thing. He felt immediately better after eating solid food again. I was happy I won the bet, but seeing how hard it was for him to get as far as he did I didn’t gloat too much, mostly because I knew I could never do a juice fast.FastImageText4For breakfast the next morning, Brian ate two donuts and everything was officially back to normal. He lost five pounds overall on the fast, which he quickly gained back when he went back to his regular diet. He was never doing it for the weight loss or the health aspect of it, he always viewed it as a test of willpower, something to do just to see if he could do it.

In the future he plans to incorporate juices into his diet since it’s a great way to get your servings of fruit and vegetables taken care of in one go, but for now I think he’s glad to get back to normal food.

Pineapple Cilantro Cooler (Brian’s favorite juice)
1 whole pineapple chopped
1 bunch of cilantro
juice of one lime

Combine first two ingredients in a juicer, then add the lime juice. Serve over ice.

3 comments:

  1. What kind of juicer do y'all have? I want to get one, but they seem to be pricey. I agree this is a good way to get a lot of fruits and veggies into your diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen! I tried googling yall's name and this blog popped up! I had no idea you did this! (This is Suzanne by the way)

    ReplyDelete