Thursday, April 12

The Hunger Games: Movie Review


We went to see The Hunger Games last weekend. I haven’t read the books, but I did download a free sample of the first chapter of The Hunger Games to my Kindle. I liked what I read, but if I read the book before I see the movie I end up saying “it didn’t happen that way in the book” throughout the entire film and annoying the crap out of the person next to me. So as someone who did not read the books, here is my review.
I really, really liked it. If you haven’t seen it yet, you should go out and do so. It is a little longer than it needs to be (the editing could have been tightened up towards the middle of the film) and it reminded me a lot of Battle Royale, but I was totally taken in by it. It also made me want to take up archery as a hobby, an effect that, I imagine, will also be seen in teenage girls over the next five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment