Monday, March 17

First Time Quilter

I got the sudden urge to sew a quilt a few weeks back, even though I’ve never made one in my life. I bought a few quilting magazines and picked out a simple project from Quilts and More that uses only triangles and plotted out my color scheme in Photoshop. Here are a few of the designs I came up with.QuiltsAll
I had a hard time deciding which one to go with, I had so much fun making all these designs! It was like coloring pages in a coloring book. I eventually decided on the top left design because it fits best with our living room decor, which is where the quilt is going to live.

I didn’t end up taking a lot of process photos, all I did was follow the directions on the pattern and look up YouTube videos for help when I couldn’t figure something out (this is pretty much the way that I learn every new craft). And while the results certainly are not perfect, I’m very satisfied with the way that it turned out.
IMG_1826IMG_1828

No comments:

Post a Comment